Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Lip Monthly June Box 2014

This is my review for a sub box called "Lip Monthly" if you're not familiar with Lip Monthly it's a subscription box that you can get for $10 a month, 4 months for $36 or annually for $110. Every month they send you awesome lip products to try like lip stains, glosses, lipsticks and sometimes they send non lip products but their focus is on lips. I'm going to review the June box for you.


 Another item in Essie's Naturally Clean lineup. The Purifying Hand Treatment is a nice, light moisturizer. The fragrance is light, clean, fresh, and pleasant. This product is not a lotion, rather, it is more like a serum. Those with dry skins may find this to be not rich enough for them. Also, I imagine that winter-chapped skin might long for more moisture than this product contains. However, I did find that this gave a spoil-y, pampering feeling to my manicure.


 "Exude charm with lol Cosmetic’s Dance with the Devil lipstick tube. Any woman wearing this kind of red is a certified head turner" 
That is a quote from the lolcosmetics website. I was however NOT impressed. It has a really cheap look, I'm not a fan of red lipstick anyway. It has kind of a sweet smell..like how the butts of my "My Little Ponies" used to smell. I'll probably just throw this in the giveaway that I'm going to be doing. (SOON!!)


These are lip foils from the Mary-Kate and Ashley (Olsen) line of make-up. I can't seem to find any information on these anywhere except a few reviews on amazon and makeupalley. I am on the fence about these. I swatched them on my hand and they are super pigmented. I hate the colors, but they might work under a lipstick or with some lip gloss on top. I'm most concerned because I can't find any info on them. If you know of anything please leave me a comment!


Lipology Anti Feathering Stick-  "Helps to prevent lip color from migrating outside the lip line. Infused with Cera Cell Complex. Regular use can help to improve the appearance of a more defined, fuller looking lip. LIPOLOGY celebrates the advanced science of beautiful lips"
 Damn Lip Monthly you guys just didn't hit the mark this month, this is another product I'm just not that excited about. I'll give it a try when I'm wearing lipstick next but I'm just all like "meh"

Well that's my review for this months Lip Monthly, really disappointed and almost ready to cancel but since I bought the 4 month sub I have to stick it out for at least 2 more boxes. I don't know, the last box I got from them for May was REALLY good. I mean REALLY good. Maybe this month is just a fluke. We'll have to see.

If you're interested in signing up for Lip Monthly then you can check them out right HERE.

Codes- Save $5 on your first box by trying the code SUMMERLIPS
Save $4 on a 4 month sub by using the code LIPMONTHLY4
Save $10 on a 12 month sub by using code LIPMONTHLY12

***Not sure if the save $5 on your first box code is still active, you'll just have to try it out***

 This policy is valid from 02 June 2014


 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact  thesavvydrunkenmessblog@gmail.com.


 This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

 The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

 The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

 This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.




3 comments:

  1. Hmm, the only Mary Kate and Ashley Foils I see are from 2009 and on ebay. I would not have enjoyed this bag I don't think. If the foils weren't expired ( are they? ) I might like them, and how does the antifeathering work? do you put on top of your foundation around your lips? How does that look? ( if you do it on top of your foundation - is it invisible? )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they're expired but I haven't really had the chance to look at them. I use the anti-feathering stick as a lip liner of sorts and yes it is invisible and actually works quite well to keep lipstick and gloss from spreading.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete