Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July Boxycharm Unboxing!




Hey luvs! I recently subscribed to Boxycharm after hearing rave reviews about their June box and also their customer service. I finally got mine today so let's do a quick review of the box, the service and the contents.

For those of you who haven't heard of Boxycharm, it is a beauty box subscription that surprises you each month with the best beauty products from popular and chic brands. From nail care, to the hottest hair products, to the top skin care and cosmetics, They  have your head-to-toe beauty needs covered!.

Boxycharm is $21 a month and that includes shipping.. unless you live in FL and then there is a fee of like $1.26. It initially turned me off from them until I learned that it wasn't that expensive.



I ordered my box on the 14th, I got a email on the 17th that it had shipped. That is SUPER fast! It was in Orlando (2 hours from me) since Friday though and I could have killed DHL because it just sat there all weekend long.. or at least that is what tracking said. When my box finally came today, it was pretty beat up too so a big EFFYOU to DHL for not only being slow, unable to update your tracking info and you beat up my box in transit! >.<



Look how gorgeous that is! I am so stoked so let's get right into the goodies. I'm going to just type up what the card says about each item and it's retail value.

Pur-Lisse Pur-Protect SPF 30 moisturizer - Full size retail value is $55/1.7 oz
Recently featured in Vogue as editior's favorite summertime sun product. This anti-aging moisturizer has SPF 30 built in so you'll get extra protection for incidental sun exposure.

Ok this sunscreen must not only protect your skin from every type of evil skin cancer but that shit better sing songs too as it's coming out the tube. I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER pay almost $60 for tube of sunscreen..small tube at that! Either way I'm excited to try this, I will most def slather my tattoos in it. I hope it sings show tunes.. show tunes are my fav.



Appeal Cosmetics Luxurious Lipstick - Full size retail value is $22/0.06 oz
Intense color in creamy lipsticks. These luxorious lipsticks are long lasting and extremely moisturizing.

LOVE this brand and love the color I got even more, I received "Baby, My Doll". Not sure if everyone gets the same color but mine is a sort of Barbie pink. It's very smooth and creamy and I will definitely be rocking this.

Lauren B. Beauty Nail Polish - Full Size, retail value is $18/.5oz
Advanced, quick drying nail enamels deliver a high shine, chip-resistant, long lasting finish. Rodeo Drive is their personal go-to: an extravagant siren red that can swing classic or hipster.

This product is a MEH for me. I just got another red polish in my BB5 box and I actually like the red in the BB5 box better. Plus anything involving "hipsters" makes me want to jump out in front of traffic.

Bellapierre Shimmer Powder- Full size retail value is $14.99/0.08 oz
Bellapierre beautiful shimmer has 100% pur Mica powder, is 100% hypoallergenic and is suitable for all skin types, even the most sensitive.

This is labeled as a eye shimmer but I'd be more likely to use it as a highlighter, very pigmented and very shimmery. It's a thumbs up from this lady.

Bellapierre Natural Lip Liner - Full size retail value is $18/1.8g
Create lipstick ready definition with Bellapierre's all natural lip liner pencils. Bellapierre lip liner pencils provide a finished look for a beautiful pout.

It's a lip liner, it's just meh for me. Also when I swatched it on my hand it left chunks of the liner in the little hairs on my hand.


Final Thoughts: Boxycharm is well worth the $21 price tag, your box was paid for 2x over with the purlisse. I love how all the products are full size and not teeny little samples and the make-up is all pretty high end stuff. Overall I'm pleased and I will be keeping my sub to Boxycharm. If you'd like to sign up then please click HERE (it is my referral link and helps me be able to bring you more and more box reviews)

Have a beautiful and peaceful night ladies and gents and I will talk to you next time ~

3 comments:

  1. This box is looking so good. I canceled Ipsy and I think I want to try this one instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so glad I skipped this month! I love August so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been considering Boxycharm! I have Ipsy and Birchbox right now and have received each for a month only. I'm trying to decide which to keep, get rid of, or add on! :D

    ReplyDelete