Saturday, June 14, 2014

June Ipsy Review 2014

I got my first and probably ONLY Ipsy bag the other day so I thought I'd do a review and let you guys know what it is, what was included and what I thought about each product.
Here is a group shot of what came in the bag

 Here is the bag, super cute! And it doesn't have a cheap plastic feel either.


You get a card with instructions on how to share your reviews of the products



Nyx Butter Gloss in "Eclair" I actually love this product, I have another shade of the butter gloss and it's true to it's name. It's so buttery on your lips and nicely pigmented.

Here is a swatch of "Eclair" on my hand, a really nice pink color.


Be a Bombshell Lash Out Mascara: Ughhhh, just no. This mascara not only goes on like a cheap dollar store quality mascara it smells HORRIBLE. And I do mean HORRIBLE all caps. I held it up to the husband and asked him what he thought and he said it smells like paint thinner. I've been seeing reviews on Ipsy's site and Be a Bombshell that people's eyes have watered and burned after using it so I have no plans on trying it at all. I swatched it on my hand and that was enough. Also BAB needs to learn customer service, I hear they delete comments that they don't like from their Facebook page. First thing I learned in customer service was, the customer is always right even if they aren't.


Marc Anthony Beach Spray: I haven't tried this yet, but I'm excited to. It smells SO yummy! Just like Hawaiian Tropic smells like - coconut, a little citrus.. stuff like that. 


Jesse's Girl All Day Waterproof Eyeliner: I am SO excited for this I can't stand it. Unfortunately mine came defective. I opened the cap and eyeliner ink went everywhere! I tried to swatch it on my hand but the liquid ran everywhere. It's like it was too liquidy. I contacted Jesse's girl and they are going to send me a brand new eyeliner pen -- no questions asked.


I got these wipes, outside the bag but still inside the pink packaging from Ipsy so I'm guessing they were a little "extra". Either way they clean up make up nicely and smell nice too.


Overall I am on the fence about Ipsy, I don't like how the companies they are using treat the customers but some of the products are nice. I might get one more bag and decide from there if I want to keep subscribing.

Join me on ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. Michelle Phan curates the bags! Check it out here: http://www.ipsy.com/r/bq7g


Stay gorgeous! xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment