Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro Glam, Urban Decay De-slick make-up setting spray and Wet'n'Wild Fergie BB Cream Review

Here is a review on some products that I either like or dislike, I hope you enjoy my point of view on each product and it makes it easier for you to make a decision if you are wondering whether to buy any of these particular products in the future.






Urban Decay De-Slick Make-Up Setting Spray in Oil Control
 
I recently went to Ulta in search of this exact product because I heard it was the most super dooper make-up setting spray to have ever graced this Earth.
Yeah I don't think so.
First off let me start with the basics. I decided to buy the full size product with is 30 oz and cost me $32.00. The packaging is meh at best. It's not fancy or anything.. it comes in a simple tube style sprayer that is white and kind of has matte type feel to the bottle. The cap is grey and it has grey lettering on it that says UD de-slick make up setting spray oil control.
For $32 I was not impressed with the packaging.
Next let's get to the results.
I did my make up and then followed the directions to a T. You're supposed to shake the bottle well and then while holding it 8"-10" from your face spray either in a X or T formation.
I found that this make up setting spray DID not do what it was supposed to do. My face felt oily after just a few hours and my make-up still creased and needed touch ups throughout the entire day.
On a scale of 1 to FANFUCKINGTASTIC I would give this product a 3. And that is shit for thirtyfuckingtwodollars. I will probably give this to one of my dry skinned friends and hope it works better for them than it did for me.





Wet'n'Wild BB Cream 8-1 Beauty Balm Fergie Line

I picked this up at a Jacksonville Walgreens when we decided to make a spur of the moment trip up there and I realized I had NO make-up with me and I wasn't fixing to go anywhere with my face lookin' all jacked up like it did.
Price was reasonable for a BB cream, it cost me 5.99 (plus tax of course)
Packaging is sleek and smooth and compact.
Overall I like this BB cream. I like what BB creams do for my face and I only have 2 other brands so I may not be an expert. It glides on smoothly and provides good coverage while still moisturizing my skin like I need. They only have 3 colors so it's a little limited but I got pretty good results with the medium color and I have olive colored skin.
On a scale of 1 to FANFUCKINGTASTIC I would give this product a 7.

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retro Glam in Extreme Black



This was another item I picked up at the Walgreens when my face was all jacked up and I needed some quick make-up for a decent price.
Price again was semi reasonable I think it cost me $6.89 (plus tax)
Packaging is cute, top is semi tapered and the bottom is fat. The brush looks like a figure 8 with the top portion of the brush being rounded and the middle thin and then the bottom of the brush rounded again.
This is a product I would NOT recommend. The mascara was dry and clumpy the minute I pulled the wand out and definitely did not give me retro lashes. As expected when it was on my lashes it came out dry and clumpy and did not spread well. I don't know what Rimmel was going for but it didn't come out like they were obviously hoping.
On a scale of 1 to FANFUCKINGTASTIC I would give this product a 2. 



Hope you liked my reviews and I'll have WAY more coming soon. If there is anything at all you'd like me to review, leave me a comment or send an email to thesavvydrunkenmessblog@gmail.com and we can work something out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment